Being responsible for the environment is an important part of doing business in today’s world. That’s why the materials and processes that go into making Smencils and Smens are healthy for the environment. In manufacturing Smencils and Smens, recycled newspapers, environmentally friendly fragrances, recyclable plastic, and biodegradable erasers are utilized. The scents used to make Smencils and Smens are the same as those used to make soaps and candles, which are safe for reasonable personal use as tested by the manufacturers. By using recyclable plastic tubes, even our packaging is environmentally friendly.
- An average sized cedar tree will make about 172,000 wood pencils.
- 172,000 Smencils can be made from 430 newspapers.
- Recycling a single run of the Sunday New York Times saves about 75,000 trees.
- The average tree can filter about 60 pounds of air pollution per year.
- If everyone in the United States recycled one tenth of their newspapers, we would save about 25 million trees each year.
- Each ton (2000 pounds) of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, three cubic yards of landfill space, 4000 kilowatts of energy, and 7000 gallons of water. This represents a 64% energy savings, a 58% water savings, and 60 pounds less of air pollution.
- The 17 trees mentioned above can absorb a total of 250 pounds of carbon dioxide from the air each year. Burning that same ton of paper would create 1500 pounds of carbon dioxide.
Smencil Stuck in Tube?
Recycle the Packaging:
Wondering what to do with your Smencil Packaging?
The best thing for you to do to be the most earth friendly is to put the packaging we use into your community recycling programs. If you would like to find a location near you click the link below: